Here’s an easy, gluten-free, keep-in-the-fridge-for-unexpected-or-expected-company treat full of nuts and covered with chocolate! Miss Pat’s been making these for long time and I put them in the first book because they are no-fuss, simple & delicious candy option for Christmas. Only 4 ingredients, one pan, and easy to make!
I keep a lot of mixed nuts in the house at all times–a fast snack, instant appetizer, etc.–so if you’re like me, you’ve got those already and the rest of the ingredients are staples. Some parchment paper and a baking sheet and you’re good to go. This a tasty, compact, grab and go treat for when you need some more shopping energy or you want some flour-free options for the cookie tray. Protein and chocolate–a perfect Christmas combination. You can do it!!
- 3 tablespoons dark Karo syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups premium mixed nuts
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In a 2.5 or 3 quart sauce pan over low heat, combine Karo syrup and sugar. Stir well to blend and cook until sugar has dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour in nuts. Stir well to coat.
- Spread nuts onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool nuts completely.
- To the same saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat (stirring constantly). Break cooled nuts into nice sized clusters and drop into melted chocolate. Stir gently to coat evenly.
- Spread clusters onto parchment paper again on the baking sheet and refrigerate until hard. Once chilled and hard, break clusters apart. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.