Pumpkin pie is so good and here’s another dessert option for the fall favorite. This sweet pumpkin treat is the perfect dip for this time of year, an easy dessert and it passed the Charlie test. That’s important at my house. If you want to get creative, you could serve this in a carved out small pumpkin with a variety of dipping options: cinnamon sugar graham crackers, gingersnaps, Biscoff cookies, pears, apples. Or spread it on banana nut or zucchini bread as a topping.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (or may use less)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon or nutmeg (to sprinkle on top)
- Blend cream cheese and sugar for about 2 minutes with mixer or until smooth. Add pumpkin and remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly. Chill for a couple of hours or until ready to serve. Sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg on top and serve with gingersnap cookies and fresh apple or pear slices.