I scream, you scream…In this summertime heat, ice cream is the treat to beat it!! Here’s a no bake dessert that is so darn easy and fun to do. Your kids can help with this and then enjoy eating the fruits of their labor.
I put this together for my taste buds but if you would rather have hot fudge instead of caramel sauce, go right ahead. Note: I used Smucker’s Salted Caramel and I just LOVE it!! I’m not a regular caramel sauce fan because it’s typically too sweet for me, but having the salty flavor in there offsets the sweetness and it tastes really good.
You can go with pecans or almonds on top or Butterfinger or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. It’s your ice cream party and you invite whoever you want! Happy Summer 🙂
- 18-21 vanilla ice cream sandwiches (number varies depending on the brand)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (11.5 ounce) jar Smucker's Salted Caramel dessert topping
- 1 1/2 cups salted cocktail peanuts
- Hot fudge or chocolate sauce for drizzling (if desired)
- Place one whole and one half ice cream sandwich along the short side of a high-sided 9 x 13 inch casserole dish, lining up end to end. Repeat the length of the dish with one whole and one half until the bottom is covered, alternating positions of the sandwiches with each row.
- Once bottom is covered, spread on desired amount of Cool Whip to cover the sandwiches.
- Pour desired amount of caramel sauce and sprinkle with 1/2 the peanuts.
- Repeat steps for the second layer with remaining ice cream sandwiches, Cool Whip, and peanuts.
- Cover pan with tin foil and freeze for two hours. Thaw for a few minutes before serving. Drizzle each piece with hot fudge or chocolate sauce if desired.