Never met a nut I didn’t like! Pecans, cashews, almonds—it’s all good and good for you too, especially if protein is a big part of your diet like it is mine.
Charlie and I went to a Kip Moore concert at the Franklin Theater just outside Nashville and prior to the show, they served hors d’oeuvres in the lobby. One was a paper cup of mixed nuts. Sounds simple, right? But I could taste a little heat, a little sweet and delicious rosemary. So I took a shot at recreating them and they turned out great.
Protein packed, sweet, salty and a little spicy—my kind of snack and my kind of clean up too…one pan! Chances are you have everything in your pantry to whip these up for unannounced company. I made these last Thanksgiving and will make them again this year.
- 1 ½ cups premium mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter and toss in nuts.
- Stir to coat thoroughly, cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top and stir to coat.
- Toss in cayenne pepper (to taste) & rosemary and mix well.
- Cook nuts for at least an additional 2 minutes to blend/meld flavors, but may cook longer for a crispier crunch.